Welcome to DADS of Arkansas Chapter
Welcome to DADS!
Our Simple Mission – “To assist and support, through fellowship and action, the fathers and families of individuals with Down Syndrome.”
Our Simple Goals
- To create a network of fathers offering friendship and support while raising their children and family members with Down Syndrome.
- To provide a safe atmosphere of support where men can openly share.
- To have fun and build camaraderie and friendships among fathers.
- To enhance a father’s knowledge and resources about children and individuals with Down Syndrome and intellectual disabilities.
- To heighten our family’s ability to respond to the unique challenges of raising a child with Down Syndrome.
- For those interested in become DADvocates, to enhance personal advocacy skills.
How DADS of Arkansas Works
DADS of Arkansas chapter is a community group associated with the Down Syndrome Advancement Coalition (DSAC) and the Arkansas Down Syndrome Association (ADSA).
DADS serves fathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, and any other people serving in that role in the life of a family member or friend with Down Syndrome.
DADS creates comfortable and fun social opportunities for dads to become more engaged and increase their knowledge and advocacy skills while staying connected to all programs offered by Down Syndrome Associations.
DADS is not political, nor are we religious.
We welcome dads of any and all faiths, political identities, genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.
What DADS of Arkansas Does
The three pillars of DADS are support, fellowship, and action.
Once a month, we get together to have fun and build friendships. We share stories, brag, learn, and grow together.
You do not need to fundraise or volunteer to join DADS. All you need to do is come to one of our events, have fun and unwind with other Dads who “get it.”
For those of us that believe that advocacy IS a responsibility for parents, of which ACTION is a key component, there is another side of DADS. We will hold meetings to work on our annual events in the Down Syndrome community. Each year DADS hosts “DADS with Santa” and “DADS for Easter” events. Our keystone event each year is our “Divots for Down Syndrome” golf tournament. Started in 2017, the golf tournament funds our program, and supports the efforts of many other organizations in the Arkansas Down Syndrome community.
If you are a Dad, or someone with the role of a Dad in the life of a child or adult diagnosed with Down Syndrome, come meet us.
We look forward to getting to know you and your family.
The D.A.D.S of Arkansas